[3830] CQWW SSB K5KG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, giwagner@k5kg.com, FCG@grops.io
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5KG M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 00:48:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG K4EU K5SEU
Station: K5KG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WCG
Operating Time (hrs): 34:50

  160:   10     5        4
   80:   46    11       23
   40:  428    28       74
   20:  405    24       77
   15:  457    27       81
   10:  130    10       14
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was a limited Multi-single operation with a single radio and three
operators.  One of my K3's is in the shop for repairs, so we were limited to the
lone K3. We went into the contest knowing that we would be significant
disadvantaged without a mult station.  This was a low-key, relaxed operation.

My guest ops did the bulk of the day-time heavy lifting, while I handled the
chores at night.  Steve, K4EU willingly took the Saturday day shift, and
Sebastian, K5SEU covered Sunday.  Steve has been a welcome guest op at K5KG many
times.  Sebastian, however, was a first timer.  Being a native German, Sebastian
masterfully handled the Europeans, especially with his fluency in German,
coupled with a strong phone contesting background.

We were extremely pleased with the 10m and 15m openings. The 15m JA opening
during the first and second hours of the contest was a real treat, as were the
incredible runs of South American stations on 10m, and a surprise zone 31 QSO
with Alex, KH7M.

Station:
K3 + KPA1500 amp
Triband yagi at 60'
2el 40 yagi at 76'
80m dipole at 60'
160 inv L at 50'

Thanks to all for the QSO's.  We hope to be fully QRV as a Multi-two in CQWW
CW.

73, George K5KG
Sarasota, FL