[3830] CQWW SSB K9CT SO(A)SB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@k9ct.us
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K9CT SO(A)SB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 01:56:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1475    32      108
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1475    32      108  Total Score = 502,040

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

No M/2, so decided to do a single band. No idea what 15m would be like but was
pleasantly surprised with a good opening to EU both mornings. Propagation was
better in the first 18 hours and then declined but still pretty good. Always
something to chase even if it got slower. I was pleased to get DXCC and some
good runs. No goal but later thought I could get to 500,000 points. I checked
the W9 record for 15m assisted and that was doable. I hope that my score stands
as the record was set in 1990. Prop was probably better then but the activity is
higher now.

There were surprises along the way with rare zones and DXCCs calling in.
Startling to get strong signals from northern EU with the antennas pointed at
SA!

See you on CW weekend!

73, Craig K9CT

PS....N5RZ and I were neck and neck for most of the contest on the real time
scoreboard. That kept me in the chair! Thanks Gator for a lot of fun.