[3830] CQWW SSB N8IVN SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8IVN@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N8IVN SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 03:57:40 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N8IVN
Operator(s): N8IVN
Station: N8IVN

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Gaithersburg, MD
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   46    10       24
   40:   16     6       11
   20:  108    12       32
   15:   69    12       30
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Quite simply, the most fun I've ever had with wire antennas!  I've said it
before, but my thanks to Jim/W3NRJ and Phil/K3EW for their work and Elmering.

Not knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised when my 800w and extended
dipole (@ 45ft to 65ft) got me into Japan, So. America, So. Africa, Israel, and
Russia.  I'm accustomed to having my call in this contest heard the first or
second time it was sent.  But, that's when contesting with Team WX3B!  However,
this weekend I was often heard with few attempts.

Though most of my contacts were on 20m, I was excited to see 15m open and my
signal making it strongly (as I was told) into Europe on 80m.  All contacts were
made Friday and Saturday.

Again, an exciting time!  Looking very much forward to the next contest.

73
Dennis N8IVN