[3830] CQWW SSB K4ZW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4ZW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 12:16:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K4ZW
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: K4ZW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   19     8       10
   80:  216    19       60
   40:  676    26       81
   20: 1430    32      102
   15:  869    22       75
   10:   87    10       28
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I guess you could call this the launch of K4ZW 2.0 or X.0.  This fall will mark
10 years at the new QTH.  Lowband antennas went up shortly after I moved in but
towers didn't go up until this summer.  Antenna design was geared towards
domestic contesting, but with something that will still make noise in DX
contests.  Everything worked well.  There's still little odds and ends to clean
up.

Lowbands were lousy.  40 was as WX3B says, gorilla warfare.  I had a great run
going at 22 UTC the second day when suddenly guys moved in very close from both
sides, more so than usual.  About that time I realized the amp faulted and I was
running 50 watts.  The frequency was gone by then.

20 kept giving.  Nice to see 15 full of signals.  I managed to bag some
Europeans on 10 but it was spotty.   The few extra mults were nice to have.  I
really didn't intend to put in so many hours.  But I wasn't real tired so I kept
going.

160 - 2 element wire array. It needs to be moved.  It's too close to the
towers.
80 - 8 circle TX array per ON4UN lowband book
40 - 3 element @ 95'
20 - 6/6 @ 85' & 45' (yes spacing is a bit close but it is what it is)
15 - 6 element @ 95'(second antenna not up yet)
10 - 7 element @ 85' (second antenna not up yet)