[3830] CQWW SSB VA3PDX SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, michaelalbertnelson@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA3PDX SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 12:43:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VA3PDX
Operator(s): VA3PDX
Station: VA3PDX

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Northern Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    7     2        2
   80:   50    11       13
   40:  102    14       24
   20:  223    20       57
   15:  141    17       53
   10:   20     7        6
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

My favourite contest of the year.  Just wire antennas to the tops of trees with
100w.  Now you big guns with your towers and beams need to stop turning off your
amps and leave this category to us little guys and give us a chance. HIHI.  The
highlight was working Australia for the first time on 40m.  Japan was coming in
strong Sunday and was able to work a few.  Already thinking of new antennas for
next year.  Certainly having two to choose from this year made a huge
difference.  First year using VA3PDX vs VE3TJI.  Big difference.  DX station had
issues with hearing the I in TJI. Funniest moment was when I was trying to work
Hong Kong and another station (who could not hear the Hong Kong station )
starting calling me to work me.  The Hong Kong station was coming back to me at
same time.  Ugh, missed it.  Funny today, not so much yesterday.
Hope you all had fun,
Cheers
Michael