[3830] CQWW SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 19:31:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA3BO LA5KO LA6YEA LA7JO LB1G LB1HI LB1RH LB8CG LB8IB
Station: LA8W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO59OJ Rakkestad
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  933    12       56
   80: 1322    18       75
   40: 1173    25       85
   20: 1755    36      108
   15: 1039    27       90
   10:  987    14       59
------------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

TNX to all who called us !!!

This was our first real effort in CQ DX SSB since we started the upgrading of
the LA8W / LN8W contest station.

It was promising in the week before the contest, with slightly rising flux and
obviously better conds than we have been used to for a while.  But the recurring
coronal hole hit us just like we were afraid of, with K at 4 and 5.  That really
hurts us up north !

We worked by far less DX, in particular less US, than normal.
On the other hand 10m and to some extent 15m produced nore QSOs than the last
years.
So, conditions taken into account, all in all, we are happy with a new LA record
in Multi-Multi.
And in particular, we were happy to have a great team together, including Stig,
LA7JO, who joined us for the first time !

Looking very much forware to the CW leg, which luckily will be 5 weeks after the
SSB leg, - so, hopefully, the recurring coronal hole will have passed...
And, whatch out, we hope to finish the 160m 4-square before the CW leg.

Looking foreward to work u :-)

73 de
Roy / LA5KO