[3830] KRC SST K4BAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] KRC SST K4BAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 01:34:19 +0000
                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Nov 2

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

   80:  17     15
   40:  51     25
   20:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  68     41  Total Score = 31,160

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

A good night for SST. Apologies to one or two callers that I just couldn't copy.
 Long and short both seemed pretty good on 40M.  20M seemed poor at the start,
so I started on 40.  Rate slowed and I went to 80, which was also good, but lost
about three minutes because the amp didn't like the SWR on the 80M inverted vee,
which has almost discernable reflected power on the exciter.  Figured out I had
to turn the ant tuner in the amp off and it worked OK.  Don't know why the
antenna tuner in the amp wouldn't tune on 80 CW during SST since it seemed fine
earlier after I had lengthened it out after shortening it for the NA Sprint SSB
last night.  The zepp seems not to work with the amp and tonight I couldn't get
it to resonate at all on 80M.  Tried it out on 40 where the tuner could get it
to resaonate, but it favors the NE and N2AMR said I was much stronger on the
dipole, so didn't use the zepp during the contest hour.  Thanks for all QSOs.
The point system is so favorable to Canadian ops that I doubt there is any way
to beat VE2FK from the US.  I worked six Canadians and HA3FMR, Gabor, so thanks
to them for the extra QSO points.  73, John, K4BAI.