[3830] SS CW W8RJL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, youngron@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W8RJL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 07:11:37 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W8RJL
Operator(s): W8RJL
Station: W8RJL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Los Gatos, CA, SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    0
   80:   29
   40:   81
   20:  110
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My first attempt to contest with my developing remote operation. Control from my
condo in San Jose with remote in the hills of Los Gatos about 20 miles south. I
could not get the keying interface working before the contest so all keying was
by hand. Sorry for the poor fist at time.

The remote is a TS-480SAT and Microbit RRC-1258. I had no lock-ups or drop outs
during the contest. Antennas include a 3 element SteppIR cranked down to about
25 feet and dipoles on 40 & 80. I did notice the TS-480 receiver front end
does not handle close in high power station interference compared to my trusty
old IC-756 Pro III with filters in both IF's.

All contacts were S&P as this 80 year old brain is having difficulty
decoding high speed cw especially calls with series of 5, H & S
combinations. Maybe I just need more time on Morse Runner.

73, Ron W8RJL