[3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 17:33:36 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 9.6

------------
  160:    0
   80:  180
   40:  204
   20:  102
   15:   72
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was another get together of the old men CW ops; SS is in trouble, very few
taking part licensed in last 20 years. I had fatigue issues all week long which
carried over into Saturday. Friday I was up on the tower installing a new 20M
feedline to my 5 el yagi. I just did not have the time or energy to complete the
job in time for SS. This meant using my 80M dipole for most 20M Q's which only
cost me mayde 2 dozen Q's.

Condition were pretty decent on 15 at the start never to occur again on Sunday;
I heard 2 weakish KH6's but didn't have the fire power to break through in the
first hour rush, never heard another. It was spotlight openings only on 15
Sunday, KL7SB was quite weak. The other sections missed were NL and NT.
I wonder if VY2ZM remembers that some ops cannot work below 14025, never heard
him anywhere but the very bottom of the band. Conditions were worse than
expected for our increased solar activity on 20/40/80 Saturday evening; OH and
NJ were skipping over me on 80 quite early making it tough to work fellow PVRC
ops. It took a good bit of effort to work 350 Q's Sunday; running was very slow
after 16Z until I quit at 0040Z.

Most ops were good at copying the exchange, but a few just plain poor not able
to copy 20-25WPM despite having booming signals. The unattended CQ's from the 2
radio ops were annoying as usual.

Thanks for the Q's, phone will be more fun.

73, Jeff