[3830] CWopsT KJ5T Academy Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KJ5T Academy Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 04:09:48 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Nov 12

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: Academy Single Op QRP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   9
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:   9  Mults = 1  Total Score = 9

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

In December I put my 4BTV up at my mother-in-law's place in Brownsville, TX with
the intent that I would be able to operate the major contests down here.  The
pandemic has made travel down here very difficult but we had some business to
attend to and I extended our time to cover tonight's special CWA Slow CWT.

I did not bring my Windows laptop with N1MM on it so I did paper logging only so
I don't have an accurate mult count so score is not correct.

This was primarily a listening exercise, plan had been to made 10 contacts but I
spent too much time listening and ran out of time.  I had participated in a
number of CWT's over the summer before attending the CW Academy but I will fully
admit I "cheated" and relied on the decoder.  I thought going into the
classes that I wasn't using the decoder too much -- I thought I was just using
it to "check my ears" but I quickly realized that it was a huge crutch
so I have turned it off and focusing on becoming an actual CW operator not just
a computer operator.

Thank you to Phil W2OZB for teaching the CW Basic class this past session, it
was a fantastic class and the tips and tricks have really helped.  I have a long
way to go but CWOps and CW Academy has been fantastic.  I will have been a ham
for 20 years in June and now I can become a real ham and KNOW code (hihi).

73 de KJ5T dit dit