[3830] WAE RTTY W4RN M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4rn73@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY W4RN M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 01:12:22 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: W4RN
Operator(s): KU1CW N1MGO W3UL W4RN AA5AU
Station: W4RN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FM19 VA USA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

   80:    2     2           8
   40:  842   842   743   249
   20:  494   494   720   142
   15:  190   190   270   110
   10:    -     -     -     -
-------------------------------
Total: 1528  1528  1733   509  Total Score = 1,659,849

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another Remote Contest Operation from W4RN.

Remote Operators were:

KU1CW - Alex from Washington State   PVRC Member
AA5AU - Don from Louisiana
N1MGO - Gordon from Massachusetts
W3UL - Bill from Maryland           PVRC Member

W4RN - Mike was in the shack maintaining optimal Antisocial Distancing.

80M was a tad light for us because a nice looking Murch 2000A in the 80M
feedline choked on 1500 watts after two fabulous QSOs.  That meant we limped
along on three bands for the rest of the fray, cuz 10M was a no-show.

The team really didn't have to "pull together," "exert that extra
effort," or, "stay within ourselves" or have recourse to any
other dumb sportscaster clichés  in order to compile its score.  These guys
always have the "pedal to the metal" and "go the extra mile"
to coin two phrases.

Where I grew up (smelly Kansas Cattle Ranch) we called this "Butt
bustin'."

They all done their damndest!

Congratulations to the K3AJ M/S gang who played with a full deck (equipment, not
ops, HI) and ran neck and neck with us all the way.  (Did you ever read such
cliché-ridden garbage?)

Thanks to DARC for a great contest.  Condx on 40 the first night were strange!

Thanks for all the Qs, Mults and QTCs.

Super time was had by all!