[3830] CWopsT K3GHH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K3GHH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 14:16:51 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Nov 18

Call: K3GHH
Operator(s): K3GHH
Station: K3GHH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:  17
   40:  15
   20:  14
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  46  Mults = 41  Total Score = 1,886

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Strictly SnP, experimenting with antenna... so not too bad. Antenna (temporary,
he says) is an MFJ G5RV-Jr, designed for 40m up. My Palstar AT4K gets about a
2.2 SWR on 80 and I worked a bit at 600w, but eventually the 2K-FA amplifier
shut down with a 'high SWR' warning. Barefoot 100w after that.

On 40, despite a near-1:1 SWR I get a chirping noise from the amplifier, but the
G5RV lets me get 750w (vs 300w with the HF9V vertical) before that happens.

The 52' G5RV works great on 20 (as did my HF9V), but eventually began setting
off the CO detector upstairs in the living room! Nice to work Europeans,
especially Swedes this morning!

I'm trying to figure out how to get a full-sized 102' G5RV onto this lot.
Meanwhile, thanks for the QSOs, guys, and 73! --- John K3GHH