[3830] SS SSB N1LN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1LN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 19:01:34 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  479
   40:  273
   20:  265
   15:   23
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As I am not really a SSB contester, I planned on not shooting for my normal SS
QSO goal of 1000Qs, but when VY1WW was my 4th QSO, I all of a sudden started
having a good time!  Nice to be called by a rare mult and get the QSO in the log
in the first few minutes of the contest. 20 meters seemed better for SS SSB than
it was for SS CW from here, so I stayed there longer. Actually, I was able to
put all the 5, 6, 7, 0 and northwest Canada Province mults in the log before
moving to 40.  The HI mult was my only 15 meter Q on Saturday night.  Once on 40
all the rest of the mults except for DE, NL and PE quickly got in the log. So,
off to 80 and in the first few minutes both DE and NL called me. In the first
4.5 hours all but PE was in the log. Again, this was really fun. The only SP
mult was HI!

Starting time on Sunday morning was around 1145 UTC, but by 1212 UTC PE was in
the log and the sweep was completed!  While running on 80 I was turning the SP
knob on 40 and heard VY2WW work another station.  He said he was going to move
up a it and start running. So I moved up, found him and became his QSO #4.
DONE!

After that it was just finding the best band to get the best rate.  When I got
to the same Q count as in CW SS I quit.

Thanks for the Qs and fun and hope my points helps out the PVRC!

73,
Bruce N1LN