[3830] SS SSB N1RM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1RM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 01:21:10 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:00

------------
  160:
   80:  306
   40:  429
   20:  137
   15:   43
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Typical slow start for me. Goal was 100K points and a clean sweep. I didn't
think I had a chance when I took a break Saturday night. Couldn't get a run
frequency, and when I did was usually clobbered within a few minutes by someone
loud and rude. I finally realized that the question "Is the frequency in
use?" uses the singular form, so if there is one Hertz available, then it
is not in use! Got up very early and things had calmed down and things were much
more civilized. I got NT and AK early but didn't get MAR until Sunday evening,
to complete my first ever sweep. I got my second wind and easily beat the 100K
goal.

It was really encouraging to run into PVRC buddies for Qs, encouragement, and
especially the spots. What a difference a spot makes in the ability to hold a
frequency - thanks!!!!

Had a blast when all was said and done.
K3s/KPA500/KAT500
A2000