[3830] SS SSB NN4RB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NN4RB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 13:33:03 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1:27

------------
  160:
   80:  32
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Lots of problems not related to the contest or conditions.
Logging programming failed to load before contest started.  Got it up and
running after the contest started.  Then there was no RF power out of the
IC-756PRO III radio.  Looked into that.  Put the radio on the bench and
confirmed the failure.  Retired for the evening and got up Sunday morning,
opened up the radio and started troubleshooting.  I found two bad driver
transistors and started a search for those.  Found two nearby, but not available
until Monday.  I had sold two radios this year and now had no radio at the
console.  I have an IC-7100 in a go kit project.  So I took it out and connected
it to the PC and antennas.  Made my first contact at 8:33PM local time on 80
meters.  Managed to make 31 more contacts before the end of the contest without
headset or footswitch.  Wasn't ready to quit.  I did not do as good as last
year, however I did get a log in as an accomplishment.

Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-7100
80 Meter OWA Dipole