[3830] CQWW CW W2IRT M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, contesting@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W2IRT M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 00:39:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT N2WKS
Station: W2IRT

Class: M/M HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Remote Operation

  160:   41    11       21
   80:  210   550       71
   40:  544    32       97
   20:  453    35      104
   15:  348    27       98
   10:   66   158       41
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Big thanks to Zev, N2WKS, for doing the heavy lifting this weekend. I've been
dealing with some medical issues and could only do about 15 hours on Friday
night/Saturday day. Most of that was mult hunting, and all S&P since I'm not
a CW runner.

Zev took over via remote session using RCFOrb after sunset on Saturday and went
through to the end and put up these impressive numbers. The remote technology
worked really well with just a few small hiccups. The RF gear worked flawlessly.
My 80m vee broke one leg off from its support before the contest started and I
fixed that during the day on Saturday.

As much as I wanted to give my own full effort here that is no longer possible,
so having another guest op was a huge relief.

It appears as if conditions on Sat. night and through Sunday were much better
than I had to deal with on Friday night, especially on the low bands. I didn't
work many Europeans on 80 or 160 on the first night, but obviously Saturday was
a lot better.

One unforeseen problem occurred, though. Since I was the only one here on
Saturday, I had forgotten about the 10 minute band-time rule and was just QSYing
as the mood hit me. When I realized what I'd done I had no choice but to
re-categorize my entry to Multi-Multi instead of the intended M/S. C'est La Vie.