[3830] CQWW CW W8FN SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8FN SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 00:59:08 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:30

  160:
   80:   45    13       25
   40:  140    12       46
   20:   65    13       32
   15:  100    14       32
   10:
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Low dipoles don't get the job done in CQWW, but this one was still pretty good
fun. Didn't get on Saturday morning, but Sunday morning I was astounded to see
the quality of the opening on 15 meters. I never would have believed there would
be times when I saw the short term rate meter above 100 doing S&P with just
a dipole.

Just got a new 350' reversible Beverage installed Saturday morning. It played
extremely well on 80, 40 and 20. That's the good news. The bad news is that it
just revealed another layer of DX stations that I could hear clearly that
couldn't hear me. It's obviously important to work on improving transmit
antennas here. I did manage to pick up two new ones on 80, though.

Thanks to all for the QSOs. Hope to be back in the DX contests with ARRL CW next
spring.

73...
Randy, W8FN