[3830] CQWW CW K8RR SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radiodad2000@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8RR SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 01:44:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K8RR
Operator(s): K8RR
Station: K8RR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 21:16

  160:
   80:   26     8       13
   40:   90    17       37
   20:   85    12       36
   15:  111    16       43
   10:   16     4        5
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

This time I ran limited Classic (21:16) SOAB HP unassisted in a low-stress
multiplier search and pounce effort at home with about 600 watts to a new back
yard test subject. A CW tuned, ground-mounted Hustler 4BTV (40 through 10
meters) over 60 radials worked very well for about 300 Qs to 49 zone slots and
121 total band countries! Made contacts to much of Europe, and a few to Africa,
plenty to South America and even Australia, New Zealand and Japan! A shortened
inverted-vee at 30 feet added 26 Qs to 8 zones and 13 countries on 80 meters.
Only a few stations that didn't hear me on the high bands might have if I had a
beam up, most likely. Local s7+ noise was handled on 40 and 20 meters with a DX
Engineering NCC-2, phasing the 4BTV with an active noise sense antenna, to make
operations on those bands actually possible. No local noise and surprising
vertical performance on 15 meters helped make that my best band. Even 10 meters
opened to SA! It was a good experiment! Thanks for the Qs. 73, Rod K8RR