[3830] CQWW CW VE3NNT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lesbrown@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3NNT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 02:49:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: FN14cm
Operating Time (hrs): 39.5

  160:  134     8       10
   80:  648    24       73
   40:  944    28       94
   20:  924    29       81
   15:  648    25       85
   10:   91    17       38
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

We closed the cottage 2 weeks ago, but decided to re-open it just for this
contest weekend since we didn't have snow on the ground yet. Remote operation
isn't such a great experience with the overloaded internet these days.

We had great band conditions compared to last year. I stayed up the first night
and only took a 3 1/2 hour sleep the second night. I did take time off for meals
and snacks though. I don't know how the 48 hour guys do it. They must park a
cooler next to their seat and reach for a bite between contacts. This is a
grueling marathon for old guys like me. After only just over 3 hours sleep, my
brain wasn't operating full speed Sunday morning. I just wasn't catching full
calls as I should, asking for a lot of repeats. Of course, when I showed up on a
new band and started running, I was fresh meat for the hoards of Europeans who
showed me no mercy when I would send a partial call sign.

All in all, I had a great time and improved my score from last year's remote
operation by a huge margin, some due to not being remote, but most  by the great
band conditions, and maybe just a little performance improvement.

N1MM crashed on me Sunday morning, throwing an error message every time I tried
to save a contact. I solved it by installing an older version of N1MM. It did
cost me some air time though during the time 15m was hot.

My score still suffers from the wet noodle I have as a 160m antenna. I couldn't
hear anything from Europe or South America. I need to replace this antenna next
year for sure.

Now for some sleep.