[3830] CQWW CW WA7BNM SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA7BNM SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 06:02:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: S.Calif
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  240    22       45
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was able to get CW integration of N1MM+ and the Flex 6600M/Maestro working
before the contest, so I was able to implement my plan to operate the second day
of the contest by remoting back to my home station after doing the first half in
the home shack. Next challenge was hearing the CW sidetone when operating
remote.  Based on VE6WZ's experience, I connected the audio line out of the
6600M to the PC I used to control the rotator, used Audacity to make the audio
on line in audible on the PC and then used remotepc to access the audio
remotely. Unfortunately, this was not a robust solution, so I spent most of the
contest not hearing the CW I was sending.

Nice to have some fun on 15m. Primarily S&P, but was surprised to be able to
do some CQing with 100 watts.

Rig: Flexradio 6600M/Maestro - 100 watts
Antennas: SteppIR DB-36 at 105 ft and Optibeam OB16-3 at 72 ft

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)