[3830] CQWW CW ON3DI SOSB20 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@outlook.be
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ON3DI SOSB20 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 10:52:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOSB20 QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:   13     7       11
   20:  439    16       52
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi all

A few weeks ago, Kim, the dog of my parents died. I had the luck that he was
already there when I lived at my parents place. We had a good connection and
every contest he was my buddy. Hour after hour he layed behind. He was obviously
a fan of the contestsnacks ;-). Anyway missed him during the past weekend.
Covid is still an issue, anyway happy that I could contest, was really looking
forward to this one. Soon I decided to go for SO 20m QRP, WPX was fun on this
band and I want an upgrade of my dxcc's in cw. The other nice effect is that I
could sleep a bit more. Hours before the contest I was taken a nap an in my
thoughts I realised that there is a curfew, between midnight and 5 am local time
you can't travel. So when to my parents and slept a few hours there. At 2u30 I
was qrv, when I putted the TX on I heard an incredile loud CR3W, that I would be
to late qrv but he was the only really strong signal on the band. Anyway I was
glad that I was qrv that soon... My first 5 qso's were all DX with KP2B and 3!!!
Zl's. The first ZL I thought that it was more luck, worked them all three easy.
It was promissing for the rest of the contest. I heard also FK8 but I could'nt
work him with my 5w, would have been an ATNO. Around 7utc I worked UK9AA, very
very long time ago that I worked that country. Rates were aroud 30-40
qso's/hour. Very happy that I could work around noon USA stations, my first day
was more then OK! I stopped with 280 qso's. On Sunday I was again to early qrv
but happy with the EA8 that I worked then. I played a bit on 40m and the rest of
the time on 20m. It was a bit slow. Had the feeling that I worked everybody and
calling CQ had not much effect. Anyway the band opened again to stateside and
pleased that I could work a bit more USA/VE. Nice feeling when I called FY5KE
once and worked him easy! Even more when K1ESE came back to my CQ. Around 18utc,
ON3DI went QRP, so early for a contest :-)!

contesting so I still have to learn much more about this band. Good for the
fatigue ;-).
2. 96 qso's were DX and that more then 20% of my qso's, for my station that's a
good result.
3. Worked to less local stations, no OE, PA, G, EI, ..., in the log and those
are the easy multipliers. Have to find a solution for that.
4. Top DXCC: K 64, UA 60 and UR 29.

Next contest will normally be WPX RTTY.

All the best!

73