[3830] CQWW CW KB5RF SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tom.parish@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KB5RF SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 12:47:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KB5RF
Operator(s): KB5RF
Station: KB5RF

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Austin
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:   46    11       18
   40:   44    10       15
   20:   37    10       12
   15:   55    13       21
   10:    5     3        3
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I worked off and on for about ~6 hours over the duration of the contest. I had a
specific strategy in mind - focus on DX for points. I figured out a way to do
that with N1MM and CWSkimmer that worked very well.  The radiosport headset I
use helped me dig out quite a few very weak QSOs and there was a kind of joy
snagging each one of those really hard to hear ones.

I realized the Christmas lights Donna wanted to put up over the weekend were
causing all kinds of RFI havoc so I turned those buggers off while operating.

I never knew there could be so much activity on 15m. That was so much fun
working that band. If this is what its going to be like in this new phase of our
solar cycle (all new to me) -- I can't wait for more contests.

The challenges of working with 100 watts in the city with a wired antenna are
numerous. More than once while trying to hear a DX I was overpowered by someone
with a bigger signal but, that's ok.  I just moved on and came back. No regrets,
it was fun being at home just focusing on how I can do better.

This was my highest scoring contest ever and I have a lot of fun fine tuning my
set up.