[3830] CQWW CW NR5M(K5GA) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NR5M(K5GA) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:03:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: NR5M

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1616    36      107
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1616    36      107  Total Score = 638,924

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Amazing ocnditions. I forgot what it was like to operate 20 meters with solar
flux above 100. What I did find out is that 20 meters is a young man's game.

I did not have the auxiliary 20 meter stack which allows SO2R on the same band.
George and Kenny were not able to get the wireless communication working in
time. I'm sure it cost me some multipliers.

I prepared myself to be on the air for the Europe sunrise opening on 2nd
night...took nap between 0400Z and 0700Z....got up to operate and after 30
minutes I simply could not do it....my 72 year old body had run out of gas...so
I set the alarm for a quick 1 1/2 hour nap but didn't awake until 1130Z...I do
not want to know what I missed but I'm sure it cost me easily 100-200 Qs.

Otherwise what great fun ! The European pileups were unbelievable for a station
in Texas. But did miss the lack of multipliers due to the pandemic.

Another fun part of this was getting George out of his cocoon just long enough
to help me and Kenny band-aid enough stuff to get me on the air. And to them I
thank wholeheartedly. And Kenny went all out to keep me fed, a really great guy.