[3830] CQWW CW WA3AER SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA3AER SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 16:28:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:   65    10       22
   40:  180    15       50
   20:  155    15       43
   15:   78    11       30
   10:    2     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Given operating circumstances - HexBeam rotator on the fritz and antenna aimed
West - I am thankful for every one of these contacts. Friday's start was rough
going, butting sigs with many strong stations on 40 and 80M with my low dipole.

I missed much of the 20M to EU Saturday, but made a number of contacts on 15M
and a paltry 2 on 10M. With the antenna situation, SA was almost a no-go this
time; and that's usually a good source of contacts. At times I felt I was
working the RAC event, with many VE stations logged.
With an earlier start Sunday morning, many EU stations were worked off the back
of the HexBeam on 20M. By about 1830 EU went dry for me. I took time out to
watch the Formula 1 race from Bahrain - a real doozy. I got back on 40M about 1
hour before the end, operating on 40M but not making much headway other than a
few station in EU.
I missed making my typical 500+ Qs. Knowing the going would be tough, my heart
wasn't as fully into this one as in the past. And now with cold weather coming,
the replacement rotator may not get installed until Spring. Keeping my fingers
crossed for that not to be the case.

73, tnx for all the Qs.
---
Ted   WA3AER

Eqt.: K3/P3/KPA500/KAT500
      HexBeam (35 ft. pointed West); 80/40M loaded dipole (35ft.)
      N1MM+