[3830] CQWW CW AB1J SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AB1J SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 17:21:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  256    18       68
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

SPACE WEATHER:
Saturday 1300z  SSN=60  SFI= 106  Kp=3
Sunday   1200z  SSN=67  SFI= 110  Kp=3    Kp=2 by 1400z  Kp=1 at 2400z (a wee
bit late)

I've been operating 15m FT8 a lot for the past couple months and have seen the
band and solar conditions just getting better and better, so I decided to do a
15m single band in the WW-CW. With a lagniappe: no sleep deprivation.

Conditions were good but not like they will be later, nearer the cycle peak. But
it's a good start. 15m opened on schedule but closed early.

The WW-CW was my first DX contest attempt back in 1961, also 15m. I've operated
in it frequently over the years although I seldom entered a log, especially in
the paper days. Initially it was for new ones for awards, but that well ran dry
so I began to enter competitively in a limited way (single bands). Now it's
mostly just to take part in the excitement. I plan my activity so as not to be
up all night, which is why I liked to see the sunspots coming back.

I went UNASSISTED so I felt like it was still 1961. Thought maybe I'd feel
younger, but I didn't.

And it was genuine UNASSISTED, not the running kind which should have its own
category: RUNNING. There's lots of cognitive dissonance related to big running
stations claiming UNASSISTED operation.

Thanks for the contacts.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
Outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise; ancient Dentron
tuner
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog