[3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 21:08:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   32     9       12
   80:  130    22       45
   40: 1061    31       75
   20:  542    31       81
   15:  595    27       67
   10:   58    15       22
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

When I told my wife I was going to do this contest, after also doing both ends
of SS, she thought I was nuts. The answer is of course yes, but with nothing
else to do (all my hangouts/bars to play music at are closed, as is my gym), I
gave it a shot. Decided to forego the point-and-click method that I used in SS
and do my own multiplier hunting.

Conditions were pretty good on the higher bands, thanks to more sunspots.
However, 80 and especially 160 were tough here. I'm wondering if my RX
capabilities are getting even worse, or if it was due more to conditions. I can
usually work at least a few Euro's on top band, but not this year. No JA either.
Not even KL7RA.

Soapbox On "I wish they would put some kind of message in upper case at the
beginning of the rules saying that QSO's with your own country do not provide
any points. All they do is supply a zone multipler. And, for the USA on most
bands, the zone multiplier is likely covered by QSO's with VE's that are also in
zones 3,4,and 5. Do not call a station in your own country unless you need the
zone." Soapbox Off. On day two, running on almost no sleep, I was really
getting frustrated.

Thank you all of you JA's that showed up. If it weren't for you, this contest
would really be boring except for the short EU runs. I have a feeling that the
super check partial data base is going to get a bunch of new JA calls added
after this one. Either that, or the log checking is going to really kill my
final score. Random thought that entered my mind while working those pileups:
Why do many JA's send their report (5NN 25) more than once. Is there a second
zone I don't know about :->?

Congrats to ZF1A, TI7W, FY5KE and the other top notch ops that are really fun to
work in this one. And, a shout out to Mike VE9AA who also made it into my log on
six bands. You're the only Canadian that accomplished that feat (missed VE2IM on
10M).

73 Randy K0EU