[3830] CQWW CW OM7RU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OM7RU SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 21:46:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 37:22
Radios: SO2R

  160:  221     8       34
   80:  621     9       47
   40:  702    20       72
   20:  346    18       56
   15:  148    19       48
   10:   34     8       16
------------------------------

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

I decided to try run Low Power, so completely new experience in one of the major
contests. My ACOM 2000A is in poor condition and repairing is complicated, so I
decided that I won't fight with it during the whole contest and I won't lose
precious energy.

I had ambitious plan to complete redesign of station setup to SO2R (I definitely
hate making cables/connectors forever!). It was almost done. Except two micro
mistakes in RX antenna wiring. Finding, repairing and testing it consumpted all
time reserve originally dedicated to sufficient sleeping before the contest. And
also lack of possibility to complete of 160m ANT. Freezing rain turned the tower
to one piece of ice.

I operated from 0000 UTC till the end of my energy - on Saturday afternoon. I
lost major high bands operating time. Conditions were strange. Low bands fairly
good, but high bands needs good antenna farm to keep rates high. Nicely opened
15m, but I lost Saturday afternoon. So high bands result is poor. I used Radio 2
as often as it was possible, nevertheless the mults number is nothing special.
Yes, due to conditions and Corona as well...

At the end of the day... one crazy comparison:
Two CQ WW DX CW SOAB LP non-assisted contests:
            +--------+--------+--------------+
            I  QSOs  I  MULTs I  RAW SCORE   I
+-----------+--------+--------+--------------+
I    2003   I  1218  I   400  I    770 800   I
I    2020   I  2072  I   355  I  1 144 520   I
+-----------+--------+--------+--------------+
I 2020/2003 I  +70%  I  -11%  I     +49%     I
+-----------+--------+--------+--------------+

And essential info:
2003 setup: IC-706 MKII, MFJ-969 antenna tuner, W3DZZ @5m above the flat roof,
from the middle of the city.
2020 setup: see below, from out of town rural area...

Thanks to all who took part.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 Kenwood TS-590SG