[3830] ARRL 160 KI9A SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chuckschneebeli@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KI9A SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 12:41:53 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 870  Sections = 87  Countries = 3  Total Score = 153,207

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well that was fun! Beat my personal best by 250 Q's. Upgraded from a 30'
inverted L to a 70' L, an what a difference! Got thru on DX and pileups in first
or second call almost everytime.

I do know I could have cracked 1k Q's with ease, and maybe upwards to 1100+ with
any RX antenna. Battled a combo of S9 noise (I'm in a subdivision with a small
lot) plus a local AM broadcast station that is having TX issues and causing
splatter across the spectrum.

I made at least 100 Q's using my 40 meter delta loop as a RX antenna, that would
not been made without it.

Hope to see you next week on 10!

73 Chuck KI9A

ICOM 7600