[3830] ARRL 160 ZF5T(ZF9CW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa5rtg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 ZF5T(ZF9CW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 13:03:17 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: ZF5T
Operator(s): ZF9CW
Station: ZF9CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 1418  Sections = 83  Countries = 0  Total Score = 235,056

Club:

Comments:

Murphy struck at beginning of contest.  When the clock turned to 2200Z, I
pressed F1 and nothing.  Sent by hand for first 2-3 hours while rebooting
everything several times.  Rate was not good and I was frustrated.  I think my
Com ports are having problems. Finally quit long enough to find a WinKeyer and
all the cables and got that setup and working.

Was not looking forward to this contest but Friday the noise was low and I
stayed with it.  Before the contest Kevin said that I should give a good effort
and try to beat the record which has been held by PJ2T for several years.  After
the first day with over a thousand contacts it looked like I could do it and
even though the noise was high on Saturday night I stayed on long enough to get
what I needed.  Slept for four or five hours Saturday night.

When I got up, I needed SJV and VY1.  SJV called me but I never heard a VY1
station.  Would have been exciting to get a clean sweep.

Looking forward to some of the projects around here now that as of last night we
have been granted clemency from our wrist bands and quarantine.  Not a single
case of Covid on this island because they took it seriously and they are keeping
it that way.  Looking forward to seeing if 10m opens up next weekend.

73...Stan, ZF9CW (still lioensed as K5GO)