[3830] ARRL 160 VA1RST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VA1RST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 16:25:25 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 261  Sections = 82  Countries = 29  Total Score = 52,152

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Another one in the books. Friday night band condx were low QRN, very nice!
Started at the bottom end doing a S&P. Then a family emergency struck
@23:50, A potential retina separation in the XYL's eye and an Emergency run to
the Halifax hospital! No visitors allowed due to Covid so I came back home and
did some more S&P 03:35 until 04:48 and then back to the hospital to pick up
my wife, situation OK but another trip for a high tech checkout the next
morning. That concluded the first night.

Second night starting at 19:22 with VY2ZM and then EU F6GOX at 19:52, finishing
up at 04:18 with 29 countries overall. QRN static crashes were quite loud Sat
night.

Run rates were between 74 and 96 Q's with a flurry of zero beat stations finally
driving me back to S&P!

The outside weather was a howling Nor-Easter and driving rain! I was glad the
K2AV survived. I kept one eye on the SWR meter.

Thanks for the Q's, see you in Stew. 73, Roger VA1RST

SunSDR2 Pro, Palstar LA-1K, Ten-Tec 238C, QSK 2500, TX antenna 160m K2AV FCP, RX
antennas SAL-20 or 200' BOG.