[3830] ARRL 160 VE3NNT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lesbrown@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE3NNT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 18:34:20 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN14cm
Operating Time (hrs): 2:48
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 222  Sections = 63  Countries = 2  Total Score = 27,972

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I decided to get on just to give out a few contacts to the big contesters since
I only have a wet noodle for an antenna and can't hear beyond North America. I
got on early Saturday evening for an hour or so and then again after midnight
for an hour or so.

I'm operating remote and the internet in prime time really sucks. Every 5
minutes or so, I get about 15 seconds of completely garbled reception with
packet losses and delays of several seconds, followed by a disconnect of my Flex
radio and its associated software, after which it takes a good 2 minutes to
recover. My actual operating time must have been at best 1 1/2 hours.

So, if you noticed that I simply disappeared while running, now you know why.