[3830] ARRL 160 N6ZFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N6ZFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 21:24:55 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 530  Sections = 77  Countries = 6  Total Score = 90,221

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

On Thurs AM had no 160m antenna, as my good inv L in the Grey Pine,up 70 ft
vert. with 30 radials, had to be felled. So got inventive:  I have a 40m DE Zepp
fed with Ladder Line, and a 50' or so drop.  So shorted it at the top and
bottom,  trimmed the flat top length a bit, and added a 4-radial counterpoise.
By luck, got a 1.4:1 SWR at 1820 KHz, allowing the KPA-1500 to use full poweer.

Conditions were just fair, although the 1-hour 120Q run on Fri was exciting; the
CT9 was easily worked, but only 1 Eu heard.  Quit at 0300 local time Sunday just
as JA's were answering CQ's.  Missesd sunrise because of two appointments at
0930 and 1100.

Missed CT for WAS!  Only CT and NNY were missing for US ARRL Sections.  Called
by VO1HP early Sunday.  Missed VE4, MAR, NB and YT.  Last states were LA and MS,
thanks to two NS participants, KZ5D and WQ5L. Very littli DX: ZF2/5; C6, CT9,
NP2, JA and XE.

73 Bill N6ZFO