[3830] ARRL 10 N7US SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@n7us.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N7US SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 22:54:48 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N7US
Operator(s): N7US
Station: N7US

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   CW:  648    69
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  648    69  Total Score = 178,848

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3S, KPA1500 (part of the time), 4L SteppIR

Friday night was fun.  Saturday included what I think was meteor scatter, with
deep fading and then the signal appearing out of the noise.  Only DX outside NA
and SA were V5 and ZD7.

I turned the amplifier off after a few contacts Friday and resigned myself to
low power due to interference with the wireless internet.  I used my inventory
of ferrites but still had the problem.  I also had noise from 90 to 180 degrees
that covered most signals.  So I turned the amplifier on and was careful in
pointing the antenna.

Finished early at 2045 to attend a neighbor's memorial service on Zoom.

It was great to work so many SMC and CWops members.

Despite the propagation and equipment issues, I'm so happy to be able to have
10M again!