[3830] ARRL 10 ZF2WF(W9KKN) SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 ZF2WF(W9KKN) SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 00:03:26 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: ZF2WF
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: ZF1A

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: Cayman Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 569426
Remote Operation

   CW:  848    91
  SSB:  295    52
-------------------
Total: 1143   143  Total Score = 569,426

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks as always to ZF1EJ for use of the ZF1A superstation -- while we've
managed to make remote operation work for us, the ZF1A team can't wait to get
back to our island family...

So, it turns out, was a lot of fun. This is a band that I honestly just don't
have a lot of experience with. I haven't been contesting long enough to
experience a solar maximum. We aren't there yet, and while our propagation from
CQWW CW eroded a bit, it was still a great weekend.

Due to work conflicts, I ended up starting about 90 minutes or so late, but
there was plenty of activity the first night and the Es was quite productive.
Saturday was excellent with the activity slowing down around 0z or so. Sunday
was a different story -- after someone had told me that my SSB audio sounded
bad, I switched to the other radio/amplifier and that cleared it right up.
ZF2LZ/NN1C had a similar problem in CQWW, we'll have to figure out what's up
with that.

10m propagation is full of surprises. For 30-45 minutes Sunday, I was only
working Canadians. After 20z or so, a bad situation developed propagation-wise
(at least for me anyway) according to the spot maps I was watching) developed,
leading to basically no 10m prop for the Caribbean and the southern parts of
W4/W5/W6, basically a super narrow corridor formed across the US from Northern
California to north W4/W3 -- and everyone else was left in the dark -- just
nothing but LUs, PYs, and thanks to the KP4s that came over and made a QSO in
our little propagation black hole.

Congratulations to all of the other big scores I've been seeing already on the
online scoreboard!

Thanks for all of the Q's everyone and I guess I'll see you after the holidays!
Please stay safe!

Vy 73 de Bill/W9KKN/ZF2WF @ ZF1A remotely from CA
.
.