[3830] ARRL 10 K3MTR SO Mixed Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cq.k3mtr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3MTR SO Mixed Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 02:34:06 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K3MTR
Operator(s): K3MTR
Station: K3MTR

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: PASADENA, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 2.0

   CW:  31     14
  SSB:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  32     15  Total Score = 1,890

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

So 10 meters does come alive, imagine that!

Most of my time was spent at WA3EKL, but I managed to get in a little bit of
time at the home QTH, using a new antenna we're still building. Throwing in the
tuner makes it about 1:1 on 10, and I must have been loud enough to make a few
Qs---all S&P. A lot of local QRN still makes it difficult to operate very
much here, and my antenna(s) necessarily have to be close to the APT balcony.
Many tnx to everyone who pulled me out!

I stayed mostly to CW, because (1) that's my favorite, and (2) I doubt I would
have nearly as much success on SSB. I resurrected the YL's computer and N1MM on
it, which I learned, after the 1st Q to K3RA, was still set up to Field Day from
last year, so it didn't send the 5NN. Oops! Quickly fixed that, but still
embarrassing. Took 1-2 hours late Friday night just getting N1MM working with my
7610: turns out the COM port assignments were showing up backwards. Sigh. Lesson
learned, always check that.

Again, most of my time was spent at WA3EKL. It was amazing to see the band wide
open on Friday. I made the mistake of assuming the rest of the weekend would be
as amazing, so I didn't take Friday as seriously as I should have.

The takeaway? Lots of lessons learned.

TU ES 73 DE K3MTR---dit dit!