[3830] ARRL 10 K8AJS SO CW Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin1@me.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8AJS SO CW Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 12:54:08 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SO CW Unlimited LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

   CW:  254    52
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  254    52  Total Score = 52,832

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I was hoping for better propagation results in this contest, but things didn't
become as good as I expected. Friday night was better then expected, after 6
QSOs in the first hour, rates picked up and I totaled 100 QSOs by the time I
quit at 0400z.  Good things didn't carry over into Saturday and Sunday for me,
though. I was digging through the QRN and the QSB for every contact.

I heard absolutely no EU, and very little SA. I got only two XE states and
nothing from Oceania. Surprisingly, the farthest distance I worked was 7500
miles to V51YJ in Africa. In the midst of puny signals for me outside NA, Andrew
was absolutely LOUD here when I worked him Saturday morning. I heard him again
on Sunday morning, again with a very loud signal.

The other indicator of how the contest went was the fact that 37% of my contacts
were in Florida and Texas, 44 QSOs with Florida and 51 QSOs with Texas. And so
it went.

For all of the contest participants that could hear me, thanks for the QSOs!

Rig: Elecraft K3 w/P3  100 watts
Antennas: R6000 vertical, 3 ele quad
Software: RUMlogNG v5.1.1