[3830] ARRL 10 W6PNG SO SSB Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W6png@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6PNG SO SSB Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 14:49:33 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: W6PNG
Operator(s): W6PNG
Station: W6PNG

Class: SO SSB Unlimited HP
QTH: ORG, California
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   CW:
  SSB:  165    23
-------------------
Total:  165    23  Total Score = 7,590

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Operated from a friends home in Irvine using my 10/15/20 HexBeam and K3s/KPA500
combo.

Most of my contacts were up and down the US West Coast with quite a few local to
my SoCal site (ground wave presumably).

Activity was promising for first few hours Friday night and it was cool to hear
10m open while dark into Central and South America.

Sunday around 10am PST had an opening into the US east coast.

The 2 element beam at 30 ft clearly works but listening into very local stations
had me hear them but not their DX suggesting a better antenna is step one in
improving my score next year. I have a couple of YP3 portable mono banders (3
elements) that I’m thinking of stacking using the RemoteQTH StackMatch once I
have modeled them with EZNEC and convinced myself this is a worthwhile project.
Another improvement will be a better than me Arm Strong rotator ideally
electrical in nature.

I used some of the down time to collect EU DXCC entities on 20m using FT8 that
relieved some of the boredom.

Paul
www.nomadic.blog