[3830] NCCC Sprint N4DW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4dw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N4DW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 03:37:38 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 18

Call: N4DW
Operator(s): N4DW
Station: N4DW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:  18     14
   40:   8      8
   20:   1      1
   15:   1      1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  28     24  Total Score = 672

Club:

Comments:

Now that was scary!
I really don't play much outside NS, CWT & weekend contests.
Forever, I've been able to start N1MM, choose the contest and go.
NOT TONIGHT!
I realized at about 0224 that something was wrong when I couldn't get the
function keys on the keyboard to send anything.
So, I restarted N1MM.
That didn't work, so I restarted the computer.  While that was happening, the NS
started.  I quickly worked Fritz, across town, on 15, then 20.
Not hearing any other RF on 20< went to 40 & decided to pen and paper the
NS.
After two more contacts (one was Fritz again), I noticed that the focus wasn't
in the entry window, but in the Telnet window type box.
As soon as I got the focus into the entry window things went well.
Afterwards I restarted N1MM again and darn if the focus wasn't back in the Type
box on the Telnet window.
I tried a couple commands and the focus stayed there.  THAT NEVER EVER HAPPENED
BEFORE!!!
Dang, there are two cursors, one in the Type box and one in the Entry window
call box, but the one that makes letters when you type is in the Type box.
So, if I click on the Entry window, the cursor in the Type box goes away, the
one in the Entry window stays, blinks a few times and stops, but if you type a
something it is in the Entry window.
Anyway, what happened to the condx of last week?
Tonight kinda stunk until I got to 80.
Maybe see ya'll next week, maybe not.
73, Dave