[3830] RAC Winter VE6TL SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE6TL SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 01:55:15 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest - 2020

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SO CW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

  160:    17             4
   80:   180            10
   40:   326             8
   20:   305            12
   15:   217             7
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  1045    0       41         0  Total Score = 187,862

Club:

Comments:

That was a lot of fun!  Went to sleep Friday night with 20,000 points and was
hoping to make 100,000 as my goal. Missed SK on 80m Friday night as I couldn't
break the pileup with 100W.  With half an hour left in the contest, I switched
to 80m and with 6 minutes left, was called by SK.  Also managed to work NB for a
new mult on 40m with less than an hour to go. It has been a long time since I've
done a contest LP, normally going to VE6SV for RAC events.  Was surprised I was
able to hold frequencies for as long as I did, before being pushed off by
elephants.  I did hear about 4 or 5 mults I couldn't work as the pileups were
just too massive to overcome.  Nevertheless, jumping back and forth between two
active bands usually resulted in decent runs most of the time. A big thank you
to all those who spotted me on the cluster.

Jerry VE6TL

Rig:  Yaesu FTdx5000MP (Barefoot)
80/160m ant:  Shunt-fed 40' tower
40m ant:  Inverted vee from tower