[3830] RAC Winter AB1J M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter AB1J M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 00:41:26 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest - 2020

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:   66              4
   40:   72              8
   20:   77              6
   15:   12              3
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  227     0       21         0  Total Score = 22,722

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a nice antidote to livin' la vida covida.  I had all my snow shoveled
out and no place to go.

I wanted some good live-ammo code practice, especially with serial numbers.  In
the RAC they are generally lower than in bigger contests, like the WPX, with
fewer cut numbers, so I didn't get the 1000+ value cut numbers blasted at me at
40 wpm, which is the best practice.  Where are the Europeans when you need them?
 In the 9A CW contest, that's where.

I did a casual, fun effort, roaming around the house and into the shack now and
then, channeling my poor departed kitty, Ebony (RIP).  Went assisted for the
most QSOs and most practice.  I suffer from some variant of dyslexia when it
comes to series of  random characters.  English words are not a problem, but
telephone numbers, serial numbers and even unfamiliar call signs are.  I
struggle especially with certain calls, like K8QKY.  That one I just had to
learn and I log it without really copying it. I just recognize it.

On 40m Saturday afternoon I was sandwiched between the 9A CW contest and the OK
RTTY.  That amused me for some obscure reason. It's nice to hear the bands full
up.

It was good clean fun for the Holiday Season. Have a safe and good one. We'll be
Zoooooooming with the kids.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
20m & 15m attic dipoles
80m, 40m & 20m outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog