[3830] TBDC K4BAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ba@att.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K4BAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 14:20:31 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:27

Total:  QSOs = 588  Total Score = 1,902

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Sorry to disappoint anyone who wanted to work PJ4/K4BAI. The planned remote
operation was canceled after only three QSOs.  First, the amplifier needed to be
rebooted, but no one could get to the station location to do that.  So, I was
low power.  More points in this contest, of course.  But fewer QSOs I assume.
Then, the internet connection or power to the station location went out and
there was no one there to determine which and try to fix it.  So, I went home
and used my new Inverted L built for me and put up by KU8E about three weeks
ago.  It performed beautifully.  Not too many Europeans though.  And the ones I
worked were early in our night time. There didn't seem to be any gray line boost
at European sunrise and, in fact, although I heard a few then, I don't think I
worked any.  Was glad to work KH7M just before taking off about three hours for
sleep.  No JAs heard this year either. Thanks for all QSOs.  Apologies to any
who called that I didn't hear.  Have no receive antennas.  73, John, K4BAI.