[3830] TBDC KE2D Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC KE2D Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 20:27:55 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 430  Total Score = 1,181

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed mediocre at best.  I worked a handful of stations in Europe
but only a few were easy. Several more did not copy me at all despite being Q5
here. There seemed to be more U.S. stations on than I recall in other years
(maybe because so many are staying home during the pandemic). While this may be
by best score in the December Stew, it took many more QSOs to do it than I've
needed in the past.  In 2016 my notes for this contest said that I thought those
were the best conditions I had ever seen and that making contacts with EU was
easy (I was only using LP back then).  That year, N1MM showed my average points
per QSO as 5.6.  This year the Pts/Q only computes to 2.7.  In 2016 I made only
148 QSOs and scored 833 pts.  In 2019 I made 186 QSO and Scored 1,003 pts.  This
year, it took 376 QSOs to reach 1,000 pts; more than double last year. I did
work a fair number of west coast K and VE stations which helped with the total
points.  For the first time, I had an EWE antenna pointed west which helps
noticeably with the stations out west. Altogether still fun and I had a couple
of good runs.