[3830] TBDC OP3T(ON7EH) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on7eh@skynet.be
Subject: [3830] TBDC OP3T(ON7EH) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 12:12:12 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: OP3T
Operator(s): ON7EH
Station: OP3T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Machelen
Operating Time (hrs): 12,1

Total:  QSOs = 364  Total Score = 1,276

Club: Contest Club Belgium

Comments:

I was looking forward to this non-internet low band event but storm Bella
decided to affect my antenna plans resulting in a limited antenna setup.
Luckily, the limited configuration withstood the elements.
Overall very happy with the activity and result in this low power 100W
category.

TRX: K3+KAT500+BPF+LNA+BiasTee's
Rx-ant: 2 short orthogonal Beverages (120 & 50m)
Tx-ant: coiled Inv L at 15m downto 11m
Logger: N1MM+

Best and only DX to the NE: R0SR (13pt) and UA9BA, AF: 3V8SF.
Several Caribbean stations were worked but never without considerable effort:
ZF9CW (SP ODX with 16pt), NP2J, NP2X, NP4Z & KP2M.
First of the 25 NA stations in the log was VO1HP, followed by W1UE. ODX were
K9NW and W5MX. (14pt)
NO3M understood I called him twice to clarify the data.
In the 2nd NA 'wave' the QSO was indeed easy.
Closing the bands after SR were W1UE, NA8V and ZF9CW.
Operation was nearly 50% RUN/S&P.
Needless to say only S&P improved scoring.
About the propagation: No CQ returned a DX call.