[3830] TBDC AJ6T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, AJ6T@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC AJ6T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 22:08:04 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM66
Operating Time (hrs): 8:19

Total:  QSOs = 245  Total Score = 1,147

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The SPDC is one of my favorite contests.  Scoring by distance suits the lure of
DX that brought me to this hobby as a teenager.  The 24-hour format is not too
exhausting and the non-assisted rule makes for a much more exciting contest.  I
recently installed a 50-foot T-vertical supported in trees at my new Tennessee
QTH, and on the day of the contest I finished running a 580-foot Beverage
pointed northeast.  That RX antenna helped with the few Europeans I worked.
Thankfully the local QRN is not terribly bad, so the TX vertical pulled in
stations from the west. Maybe next year I'll run QRO and stay up all night
through the sunrise peak.