[3830] TBDC N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 17:50:03 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 5.8

Total:  QSOs = 365  Total Score = 1,413

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Congrats to all of the LP ops who milked it for all it was worth. The activity
level was several notches below the ARRL 160, I never had a sustained string of
callers longer than a few minutes. At one point, I had a clear run frequency in
the busiest part of the band and quickly ran out of callers. Most of my run time
was spent below 1810 or above 1840. With a poor night's sleep the night before,
I had had enough by 0317Z, but came back on at 0451 for 35 minutes. Best DX was
RX3APM worth 28 points and two Ukrainians vs. 2 points for VE3's in EN93 and
FN03. Very few EU were worked until after 0450Z. I like the distance reward
format, but not enough TX signal or Rx antenna to take full advantage of it. I
did work VE5, two VE6's, and VE7 vs. none in ARRL 160. The west coast and Rocky
mountain areas were also louder this time.

Thanks for the Q's!

73 and HNY, Jeff