[3830] RTTY Roundup K0HB SO(A) RTTY HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KZEROHB@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K0HB SO(A) RTTY HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 03:03:29 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: K0HB
Operator(s): K0HB
Station: K0HB

Class: SO(A) RTTY HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   111       0
   40:    89       0
   20:   109       0
   15:
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   309       0  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 33  Total Score = 25,338

Club:

Comments:

Normally I'd be on a 3 day backpack in the Superstition Wilderness on the first
January weekend, but the plague has kept me in Minnesota this winter, so to
atone for my absence from MWA these past 20 winters, here is my modest first
score of 2021.

Like the first few steps of a backpacking trip are the hardest with a full load
of food and water, so were the first few steps of this contest.  I'd bought a
new shack computer last spring, duly loaded it with all the essential
software.....   ......well, I thought so anyway.......  EXCEPT I had forgotten
to install MMTTY!  Sort of like forgetting to pack a your maps and compass!

But after a late start, it was fun to be BIC in a rtty contest.  Didn't work
real hard or long, and spent more time than I ought adjusting another new
addition to the shack, a big wide curved monitor.  What a treat to be able to
open every conceivable window in N1MM+, and still have vacant room on the
screen.  Such a pleasure after getting whiplash from swinging my face back and
forth between two small flatscreens.

Missed ND, NE, SD, DC, AR, WY, and about half the VE's.

What's next?

73, de Hans, K0HB