[3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF SO(A) RTTY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF SO(A) RTTY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 04:36:15 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO(A) RTTY LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:   135
   40:   240
   20:   160
   15:    16
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   551       0  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 30  Total Score = 45,182

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Best score to date in this contest, thanks to a few more mults as my second best
in 2019 had a slightly higher Q count. Missed SD and MT for WAS. Started almost
3 1/2 hours after the beginning of the contest. Decided to hit 40 right away for
a chance at more mults right away. I planned (and succeeded) to get up early
Sunday morning before local sunrise to work 80m and listen for 20 to open and
hit 20 hard. I had a hard time getting any sort of run going on either 40 or 80
Saturday night. I was having better luck S&Ping. As planned, I was up and on
80m by 6:am local, and worked it for an hour then QSYed to 20m. That was
disappointing. SWR on the triband was 2.5:1 at the low end of RTTY and 3:1 at
the high end. Suspect iced up 20m traps as 10 and 15 were OK. Could not get
anything going CQing, and a lot of DX just CQed in my face. Conditions improved
later in the morning, but could not find or hold a frequency to call CQ. Just
tried to walk the band up and down as fast as I could and work everything I
heard. Finally switched over to 40m about 2:15PM local, found a nice slot and
ran for an hour before I got bumped. The last hour I operated I just chased
spots and S&Pd on 40.
Looks like I'll be limping along with intermittent 20m SWR issues the rest of
this winter.

Thanks for all the Qs!

73 Gene, N9TF