[3830] RTTY Roundup KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 05:12:26 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS KE7AUB WR7T KR7X NK7U
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Remote Operation

   80:    181      0
   40:    579      0
   20:    711      0
   15:    405      0
   10:      0      0
-----------------------
Total:   1876      0  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 37  Total Score = 172,592

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

True to it's name, we consider this an RTTY contest, so only used the that mode
for all contacts.

Software Murphy really reared his head this weekend... no thanks to N1MM who
released a version of the software early in the week (we setup on Thursdays)
that did NOT ALLOW the 'Mult Station' as it was called to CALL CQ!  Attempts to
reload via the menu not possible "you have the latest version"
Downloading the 'latest updates' and installing over the existing 'up to date'
install wiped out all databases, and no way to get the software to load.  Had to
resort to a SYSTEM RESTORE and start the install all over again, no small task
with all of our manually entered VPN addresses etc. as we share the log in real
time over the internet.  Oddly, the version downloaded Saturday (in the contest
window!) worked.  We lost some time there.... BUT, at least the hardware
performed flawlessly.  2nd frustration was a very busy internet making life for
our 2 remote users a bit frustrating.  Too Much ZOOM.....

Thanks to the ARRL for changing the rules to allow M/2, and letting us work the
entire contest.  Our QSO's and score are up 75% over last year ... we had a nice
time ... WX in Oregon on Saturday was AWFUL, so a great way to spend an ugly day
outside.

Thanks to Phil WR7T, Andy KE7AUB for taking turns in the contest clubhouse on
site, and to Hank KR7X and Joe NK7U for filling in the 60 hours of chair time
via the Elekraft / RemoteRig remote setup.

All the best, 2021 so far off to a good start, lets hope it continues!

73 Kevin K7ZS for KT7E ... Portland Radio Contester Club