[3830] RTTY Roundup W4AAA(KK9A) SO RTTY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@w4aaa.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4AAA(KK9A) SO RTTY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 20:07:57 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: W4AAA
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: W4AAA

Class: SO RTTY LP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:    368      0
   40:    698      0
   20:    669      0
   15:    165      0
   10:      0      0
-----------------------
Total:   1900      0  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 54  Total Score = 209,000

Club:

Comments:

It had been an entire year since I last made a radio teletype QSO. My station
was still set up from the November Sweepstakes contest and the computers and
transceivers still remembered the RTTY settings from a year ago so it was easy
to get ready for RU. Everything appeared to be working perfectly but for some
reason I had a slow first hour which was very concerning. I hung in there and
fortunately by the second hour rates quickly escalated and stayed that way
during the remainder of the evening. Two radios on two productive bands is what
makes RTTY contesting fun! In one 60 minute segment I made 140 contacts running
on 40m and 80m. 20m and 40m were my most productive bands and they were also the
best for DX. On 20m 28% of my contacts were in Europe and on 40m it was 8%.
There is limited DX activity in this event and it is hard to search for
multipliers when running on two radios. I worked every US state, I missed some
Canadian provinces and worked 54 countries. The ARRL RTTY Roundup was a
fantastic way to spend the first weekend of 2021! I do not use FTx modes so I
was happy that the ARRL added RTTY only categories. I would like to thank
everyone for the QSOs.  Please QSL via WD9DZV.

73,

John KK9A
http://www.w4aaa.com