[3830] NAQP CW N7DX M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7dx@tonygarland.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N7DX M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 06:54:58 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N7DX
Operator(s): N7DX K7RL
Station: N7DX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Camano Island, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

  160:   63    20
   80:  145    51
   40:  452    59
   20:  711    57
   15:  273    36
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1644   223  Total Score = 366,612

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

First M/2 effort with Mitch, K7RL.  We had a blast.  We were shocked part way
through to see that we were in 2nd place in the contestonlinescore.com page...
then rose to first place and held the lead for quite a while. Exciting... but of
course it didn't last.  We had a great Q lead to start with (Mitch was phenom on
20m and I was on 15m which had a strong opening).  But, eventually those wily
other M/2 teams gobbled up more mults--and even more Q's later in the day to
pass us by.

We felt pretty good, though, in giving other West Coast M/2s a run for their
money.

Really nice to hear 20/15 doing so well. Saw the spots for some 10m activity,
but it must have been in southern W7 area as we didn't work anything there--also
because we were pretty distracted by 20/15.

Forty started out OK, but rapidly declined and really shut down after a while.
80m was really tough for us, even with 2-L beam up hight. So low-band conditions
were not so good (although 160 was good).

This is a really fun contest!

More info at http://N7DX.TonyGarland.com and http://k7rl.com